Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The only real thing to talk about is the fact that I administered medication today to a patient who needed to undergo moderate sedation. She dislocated her elbow and in order to put it back-a process called reduction- she would be moderately sedated, so she didn't feel pain, and was virtually unconscious for a few minutes yet was able to maintain her own airway. It was pretty cool, I must say. Of course,I was not alone. There were two doctors, the respiratory therapist, my charge nurse and another nurse who was just watching.

Other than that, not much else to report. Friday is my next shift, and hopefully it will be the start of a great weekend. One can hope, especially since I have to work ALL weekend.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.