Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Today I was called to see if I could come in early to help. I was tired, actually trying to nap for a bit when they called, but I figured if I went in early, I can get out early and go to bed earlier than if I get out at 2:30am. I assumed it would be terribly busy when I got in since they had called me in, but it really wasn't too bad at all. I floated for the "day" part of my shift, where I work with all the day staff. I went to lunch and when I came back, night shift was on and I ended up in triage for the rest of my shift. My shift was pretty uneventful except for yet another code, and a psych patient who I thought was going to attack me when I walked her to the restroom. She actually grabbed my face and I quickly removed her hand and gave her a stern warning not to put her hands on me again.

Overall, I am really liking my job. I am appreciating more and more the ER as compared to the rest of the floors of the hospital. I am continuing to learn and grow as a nurse.

Now I am off to bed. Only 11 hours until shift 27 begins!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.