Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

School seems to be going pretty well so far, but I guess this could be answered better tomorrow after taking my first of 4 exams in my Micro lecture class. The test is going to cover 4 chapters, so I am feeling a little crazed at the moment. I just keep telling myself that it is NOT going to get any easier once I am in the nursing program.

I am having issues in my lab class with the way my quizzes are being graded. My issue isn't so much with the "way" they are graded but more so the fact that there are mistakes in the actual grading. My first quiz, I missed 3, or so that's what it seemed like at first. However, my professor allows us to come into his office to go over the exams and quizzes during his office hours. My first quiz I had one question that I had erased and made a new mark for the correct answer, but the computer marked me wrong because it picked up the erasure mark as my answer. I understand that was the computer's mistake, but in the past, other professors would pick up on those things and correct them before the grade was reported. The good thing is my professor will correct any mistakes like that, so instead of getting an 80 on my quiz, I ended up with an 86, and quite frankly I am a little perturbed with myself because I definitely knew the answers to the other 2 questions I missed. My second test I was told I got an 80, again.....including the 2 extra credit questions which basically are each worth half of what one non-extra credit quiz question is worth. I felt pretty good after my quiz and figured I probably had got an A only to see the big fat 40 (out of 50, which equates to an 80) in my email inbox. On Saturday I had gone into school for our lecture exam review, and after the review, several of the students, myself included, went to look at our quizzes from Thursday. I had received the extra credit, but missed 4 questions, and after checking the answers to those questions, I found out they were actually correct!! Another student from my class checked hers as well, and we had the exact same answers wrong. Apparently, he graded ours with the wrong answer key, and now needs to regrade them. So, the jury is still out on how I did, but I feel a little better knowing I may have done as well as I originally thought and didn't get another B. We'll see. I should know my grade within the next day or so, as well as my lecture exam grade, too.


On a side note, I found out a friend of mine who is in my lecture class, and takes the same professor for a lab class that meets at a different time than my lab class, lives a few buildings away from me. What a coincidence, huh? I mean, of all the places and all the people you can run into at a college, you end up being practically next-door-neighbors with a friend? This worked out very well for us today when we needed to study together. Anyway, small world.

Check back soon for grade updates.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.