Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

(otherwise known as E. coli) That's what I grew in my petri dish in the lab. How cool is that? I also grew something called Micrococcus Luteus, but everyone knows what E. coli is, so I figured I'd mention that.

Anyway, my microbiology class is REALLY cool, but it's not easy. I got a B on my first quiz, so I was a little bummed about that. I have my second lab quiz and my first lecture test next Thursday the 4th, so I am hoping to do well on those. My professor is a great teacher, but he is definitely one to make you really think by the way he asks his questions, which is definitely a good thing.

Some of the things we've been learning lately is how to prepare slides. The slides have to be stained because otherwise, you would not be able to see the bacteria, so we've been learning the various staining techniques. I am one of the few people in class that does not have a lab partner, and actually, I like it that way. I get to do the entire experiment by myself and believe it or not, its faster that way. I had to work with someone last lab, and it took me more time to clean up and get out of class than the other times when I am alone.

On a completely different topic, I can't believe that I could be hearing from school about making it into the Nursing program or not in as little as a week. While I am pretty confident I will make it in, there's still that bit of uncertainty that makes me a little anxious. But, I am really excited and I will be very relieved when the emails go out. As of now, the plan still stands at me deferring my seat for August and starting in January. However, while that plan seems pretty firm, anything can happen and change, but that is the plan. I will keep you posted.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.