Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The day before shift 52, I had the migraine of all migraines.  Hadn't had one so bad in a REALLY long time.  Before bed, I took 2 fioricets (migraine meds) and went to bed.

The brunt of the migraine had subsided, but I still felt the pressure in my head, I was still sensitive to light, and I still felt a little foggy.  I went into work at 2pm and thank goodness it was slow.  It was an uneventful day.  I had a 4 room assignment from 2p until 7p when the shift changed.  Then I went to triage.  I had asked the charge nurse if there was any possibility I could go home early and she told me she would try.  We had 5 nurses on the floor, plus the charge nurse, but we only had one tech, so I guess she was going to see how it went.  I went on my break at 10:30pm which really wasn't a big deal because I don't really like to go early, and it seems to make time go by better if I have less time left after my break.  I get back from break, ran up to one of the floors with the ER doc for a code (we don't usually do this, I just wanted to see it on the floor) and then I get back to triage.  At that point its 11:15pm and about a half an hour later, the nurse who relieved me for my break came to relieve me to go home.  So I left at 11:45pm which was nice.  But it was a really good day over all.  Just wish I hadn't been trying to recover from this migraine.  I still am trying.

Shift 53 is Thursday.  Stay tuned until then.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.