Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shift 61:
Not a bad shift.  Nothing really interesting to report.  Things seem to be getting easier and easier for me and I am getting less stressed.  I realize how much I enjoy working with the night crew.  I work 5 hours with the day crew and the other 7 are with the night crew.  The night people are fun and there are more times when there is down time with nights than with days.  I would totally want to work day shift for the hours if it wasn't for the fact that I would no longer work with the night crew.


Shift 62:
Today, I think its possible we are the only ER open.  Fire rescue after fire rescue, walk in after walk in.  Non stop ALL day, even into the night shift.  It slowed down, but it did not stop.  When I left my last shift, there were 3 patients in the ER.  Tonight when I left, we still had all the rooms filled and just one hallway patient (we have 10 possible hallways beds available on top of the rooms we have).  It was crazy.  Nothing interesting to talk about.  Glad I have 2 days off before having to do it all again.  I'm dreading the next 4 shifts because we are extremly short staffed on nights all 4 of those shifts.  I am hoping and praying that changes by then.  We shall see. 

For now, I have 2 days off and I am going to enjoy them. Until then :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.