Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Shift 63:
Nothing to report as I had to call in sick.  Been fighting a stomach bug of sorts- fever, body aches, headaches and stomach junk. Been sick since Thursday and even with Thursday and Friday off, I still wasn't feeling better so I called in sick.  I hate doing that but what can I do?

Shift 64:
Oh how badly I wanted to call in again today, but I really didn't want to call in two days in a row.  So I went in.  It was a slow day all during day shift.  I literally sat around most of the day.  About 2 hours before shift change, I went into triage.  Then at shift change I had to take an assignment.  My charge nurse felt bad about that, knowing that I didn't feel well, but we were really short staffed.  I had three rooms until 11pm and then I had 4 rooms assigned to me. I had everything from back pain, to pink eye, to hip fracture, to chest pain, to shortness of breath, to pain in the esophagus. I struggled through my shift but I made it.  Nothing really interesting or fascinating to report.

For now, two days off, where I will hopefully be feeling better, and then back to two shifts back to back on Wednesday and Thursday.  Until then......

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.