Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

is complete! And I now have my trauma nurse card. I had a written exam as well as a practical skills test where I had to perform a complete trauma assessment.

And I passed!

So now I:
am ACLS certified (advanced cardiac life support)
am PALS certified (pediatric advanced life support)
am CPI certified (crisis prevention intervention)
am Stroke certified
am TNCC certified (trauma nurse core course)
have completed an EKG course
have completed a triage training course
have completed a critical care orientation course

I was due to begin my official ER journey next Monday, the 26th. However, the program director offered us, from corporate, a week or two off since we ended our course around the holidays. I opted in for this deal, even though it is without pay, so that I can spend time with the kiddos and family for the holidays. I did have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both off, but now I will have off from this Saturday until the kids go back to school on the 4th. At that point, I will begin my days as a real ER nurse.

It still seems so surreal.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.