Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Today was interesting but VERY long. I was at work, in a classroom, from 7:30am until 5:30pm. To spare you all the details of what I learned, I will say I learned how to do a trauma assessment, how to stabilize a patient's neck in case they have a cervical spine (c-spine) injury, how to remove a helmet from a patient who may have a c-spine injury and then put a c-collar (to keep their neck stabilized) on them and get them onto a backboard without compromising the possible injury. We learned a lot of different things about trauma. It was really interesting (yes I know I said this already). :)

Next Monday we have another TNCC class and we will be testing that day as well- a written exam as well as a skills demonstration.

Tomorrow I learn how to talk to aggressive people/patients and try to talk them into calmness. Yikes! I hope if I ever need to use this skill in real life that it will work!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.