Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

This week we visited the Trauma Hawk- (helicopter that transports very sick, very injured patients to the hospitals.) There we sat in a classroom and had a short lecture on mass cassualty triage (how to quickly assess a large number of injured patients). Then we had a tour of the facility and the helicopter. After lunch, we had a lecture on decon procedures (decontamination) which included practicing getting suited up (see the first pic below). It was a fun day and we still learned a lot.

This week I am working on my trauma nurse certification, stroke certification, crisis prevention intervention training and triage training. Next week we are finishing up the trauma certification and we may be doing pediatric trauma training but that part is up in the air. We should find out this week if that course is going to happen. Then I have my final test on the 23rd, and then classroom training portion of my program is over. Two weeks left!

Here are some more pics from our trauma hawk day:

Here is me and the other 3 people from my hospital in the training
programwith the Flight RN-Paramedic (middle). The guy on the left is in
our program, too, but another hospital. He just jumped in the pic

Me. In a flight helmet.


The 4 of us from my hospital with the helicopter

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.