Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Well, I've reached the end of week 2. I have to say that while some parts of this week were long, drawn out, and boring, parts of this week were not.

Today, for example, was great. I had simulation this morning and this afternoon I had a lecture on sepsis. I swear, I've learned so much today alone. Six simulation scenarios, two mini-lectures and then the sepsis lecture. Chock full of knowledge. These instructors are geniuses. They know SO much. It's hard to imagine/see myself knowing even half of what they know.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the amazing information I learned today about sepsis. The body just amazes me. When you sit and really think about everything that happens, its just.....amazing. Well, not with sepsis, but in general. There's just so much detail, so many compensatory mechanisms, its really just awesome.

At anyrate, I won't bore you with my fascination with the human body any longer. The six simulations went well....er, mostly well. Two of the six simulations ended up with a dead patient, but that's what the simulations are for- for us to learn from our mistakes in a safe environment so that we don't make those mistakes in real life. The instructors were really impressed with the morning groups in simulation today (there are 4 groups of 4). They said that we all had great communication with our teams and that our level of anxiety was decreased from last week. They also said we looked how the groups usually look on week 4. I really enjoy the simulations. Especially when they end well. :)

That's all for now. Next simulation is Wednesday. I can't wait. I love it, and the best part is, I get paid for it! How great!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.