Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Well, folks, that concludes week 1 of my training. I did an EKG and an ACLS course and I am now certified in both.

Thank goodness.

ACLS was hard, but interesting and I will be doing it a LOT in the simulation lab that I will be going to at least once a week for the next 7 weeks. Even cooler? We will use a REAL defibrillator and deliver REAL shocks to the simulation patients. Like, in real life.

Seriously awesome.

Mainly though, I can't wait to not be so nervous anymore. In ACLS as part of our testing we have to go through a mock code as the leader. And boy, its so easy to know all the correct answers when it isn't your turn, but once it is, everything goes blank. I can't wait to NOT go blank anymore.

Until then, I'll just continue to learn and grow. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.