Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I can now successfully insert a foley catheter. Well, in a mannequin that is. At some point this rotation I will be doing this on a real person in the hospital. Personally, as a patient, I think these were the best inventions ever. Having had several of them before myself, they're not at all painful (and they shouldn't be) and I liked not having to get out of bed. The big downside to these things however, is its a big risk of infections. So as nurses, we are learning how to keep the process as sterile as possible to help reduce the risks.

As for whats to come this rotation- well, there's quite a list, and a lot of vague info was given to us today. I had a skills practice session I had to attend today. I will be getting more info tomorrow, in addition, our class will be meeting with scholarship reps from three area hospitals tomorrow over lunch. Tune in for more soon.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.