Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Peds clinical days ended abruptly on Wednesday during post-conference when my instructor advised us that it would be our last day in the hospital. You see, next Wednesday was supposed to be our last day in the hospital, but apparently JCAHO, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, will be in the hospital checking things out. And apparently, the hospitals don't want students around (for good reasons, and its not just this hospital.....some of the other Peds clinical groups at another hospital had the same issue). So instead I have to meet at school and watch a few videos. While I am happy to be out next Wednesday by 1pm instead of 6pm, I feel a bit jipped that that could have been my very last pediatric experience ever, and I didn't even know it until it was over. I was actually looking forward to another hospital day, and while watching movies is great and all, you just don't get the same learning experience as you would in real life. Everything is always different in real life.

And so there it is. My Peds clinical days are over. I'm still not sure of the role Peds may have in my future, but it still is a contender. I still have a year of rotations to figure it out. But for now, my Peds final is in 9 days, in 16 days Psych begins, and in just over 8 weeks I will begin my long awaited and definitely needed 2 month summer vacation. I'm almost half-way there!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.