Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

So I took my first Peds exam today, and boy, did the day not start out right. We had one of the worst storms this morning, and while I love thunderstorms, I do not love having to go out in them. I woke up at 6:30am to go over some of my notes and it was already going. Pouring like crazy. Thundering like crazy. Lightning like crazy. Roads flooded. Just insane. Good thing was the kids spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's. Grace is on Spring break and it would not have been a fun morning trying to get them Grandma and Grandpa's dry. Luckily, by rolling up my pants, carrying my flip flops, bringing a towel and having an umbrella, I didn't get too wet. It wasn't such a pretty sight at school for some others, though. One girl was in the bathroom, socks and shoes off, wringing out her socks. People were soaked left and right, mostly because the parking lot was flooded like I've never seen before. Just crazy. And there was a tornado close by this morning, too, on top of it all.

So, we're sitting in class waiting for the teacher to come in with the exams. There's a lady who comes in on Mondays who is doing her preceptorship to become a Nurse Practitioner. She came in with the exams along with the teacher who teaches Cardio (that class I will take as my second to last class) and advised us that our teacher would not be in today because she is sick. She said she would grade the tests and bring them to our teacher later tonight. Ok, so we have to wait longer than expected. We took the test, met in the hallway after as we so commonly do to compare answers and then headed home. I wasn't sure how I felt about the test exactly. It certainly wasn't easy but it didn't seem super hard either. Well about 7pm I decided to check my grade and there it was. An 84. A "B". I was so excited. I am beyond thrilled. I sooooo want a B in this class. I just have to get at least an 82 one one and an 83 on the other to get my B.

So there you have it. My first B in peds. Now I have 2 projects to work on, 2 exams left, and 4 more clinical days to complete. Next up: clinical on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! And I love the fact that the kids prayed for you during your test:)Keep up the good work!
love ya,
mom k

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

yay!

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.