Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So, after leaving my exam, I felt pretty good about it. I actually felt like I knew a good amount of the info and I felt like I at least did better than my last 2 exams. I needed a 92 on the final to get a B for my class and I only needed 63 to pass. I did really well, but not well enough to get a B. I got 85 and while I didn't get a B, I am very proud of my final grade. I changed up a little of my studying, and while I did slack a bit at the start of the content for this last exam, I did work hard at the end. Also, I think it helped a little that this class had some very interesting topics, such as Diabetes and Endocrine disorders, both of which I really like.

At any rate, I am thankful to have passed and move on to my next course- Peds.

On another note, I have applied for a hospital scholarship, which essentially means that if I get it, they will give me money for school and I agree to work for them for 2 years after I graduate. There were 3 different hospital scholarships- each from a different hospital organization. There was one organization that I REALLY want to work for, so I applied for only that one and not the others. You can increase your chances of getting a hospital scholarship by applying to all 3. This is because we have 3 campuses, all with roughly an average of 50 people at each campus. There are only 10 spots for each hospital scholarship total, not per campus, so it is fairly competitive. Anyway, I really didn't want to get stuck getting a scholarship for a hospital organization that I really didn't want to work for, so I applied for the one and am hoping for the best. I think we may start getting calls for interviews pretty soon, so I will keep you posted as soon as I hear anything. I think we might even know by April sometime if we are recipient of a scholarship.

Speaking of scholarships, I will be applying for one in April that is REALLY cool. Its a government based one, I believe, that pays for school and gives you a monthly stipend on top of it. The only thing they want is for you to work in a hospital that has a shortage for 2 years, and that can be anywhere in the country. However, this one is EXTREMELY competitive. There was around 180 people selected and about 5,000 people applied, so that tells you just about how competitive this scholarship is. 3.6% of the applicatants received a scholarship. Can you say, "Slim Chance?"

Tomorrow is my last clinical and my final evaluation. We have a short hospital day and then we will be meeting to complete the evaluations, and then Spring Break will officially begin!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I know how hard you tried and you will retain soooo much because you really put the time into it! Two down!!:)
By the way-cute scrolling headline!
mom k

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.