Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot to report on about my first day. The first 45 minutes of my 3 hour lecture was roll call. She had us line up and each come up to her to check us off her list. I'm not sure why she chose to do it this way, rather than call our names and have us say, "Here." I think its possible she wanted to have us correctly tell her the pronounciation of our names. After that we just had some basic program orientation and a rep from the books we use in the program came by to talk about the E-books that a lot of students purchased. Today and tomorrow are going to continue with Clinical and Departmental Orientations, and Friday begins the nitty gritty. My first exam is 2 weeks from Friday. The nursing class I am taking is called Nursing Process 1, and in 8 weeks its over, and I begin Nursing Process 2. Over the next 16 weeks I will have a total of 6 Nursing Process exams, and 4 Pharmacology exams.

Both professors seem very nice so far. My pharmacology professor is HILARIOUS! He is a Doctor of Pharmacy, and works with a local hospital here as their Pharmacy Residency Director. He will be incorporating real life nursing stories about meds into his lectures, which is neat.

So that's the scoop so far. I do have to be at school at 7:30 this morning, and I woke up at 4:30am in order to get some reading done since I am really bad at it at night. Can you believe I went to bed BEFORE 10pm? Craziness.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.