Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Unfortunately, I will be unable to find out the grades for my lecture and lab finals, but today semester grades were posted online on the school's website. I was disappointed to see I had received a B in both my lecture and lab classes, but it's better than a C I suppose. I'm particularly bummed because I feel if I had the professor I had in the beginning AND ended up with a B, it would have been ok, but with this professor, I had no idea what I was doing and had no direction. He was the most unhelpful professor I've had, aside from the chemistry teacher I had several years ago, and especially so when saying he would not send us our grades for the finals, explaining that there was no way he could possibly email 120 students. Sigh. I guess its all water under the bridge now. My GPA was 3.64 before this semester. With A's it would have been 3.68, however, with my B's it is 3.55. I guess that's still pretty good. I'm just worried about keeping it as high as I can because I've heard so many people say with nursing school, the GPA's drop a lot because A students become C students, and if I happen to go to school past my Bachelor's degree, schools will require a 3.0 or higher.

Overall, I think Microbiology is a difficult class, but I didn't find the material ridiculously hard. I found the class very interesting, and I wish I could sit through the last 6 weeks in another semester with my old professor, not for a grade, but so I could really learn the material better. The last 6 weeks had a lot more interesting information and I feel like its all a blur.

So that's the conclusion of the Pre-nursing student story. I'm off to organize my reading for my very first nursing exam, which is on September 11, and then actually start reading it. The test will cover, NO LIE, 638 pages of information.

There really won't be much to say until August 24th after my very first class day. It will be a long one- I have class from 9am-12pm, then I have pharmacology class from 5pm-7pm and I will pretty much stay at school until my pharm class is over. I will blog about my first day sometime around the 24th. Tune in again soon!!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.