Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This Monday I had a group presentation due. We decided to be the first of 12 groups because it would mean we would be completely done with everything while there were still 2 more weeks of presentations to sit through, which would mean 2 more weeks of having something due if we were one of the groups for those dates. We have a group paper due on Monday, but that is pretty much done. At this point, I have nothing else due. I had an exam, a portfolio, a resume and cover letter and a group presentation and paper. All but the paper have been done/turned in. I have 2 clinical days of nursing school left and will be completed by Saturday. Then, as of this weekend, I will be unofficially done with nursing school! After that, I have to come to 2 classes for group presentations, 1 day for clinical evaluations and state board information, 3 days for an exit exam review, and then 1 day for the actual exit exam. Seven actual school days left. Wow. Just wow. I'm still in shock.

Best news is that I completed everything in order to have the kids' spring break off with them, except for having to go into class on Monday. I'm so happy and even more so, I know the kids are so excited since I have been so scarce for the last 2 years.

After graduation, I will begin studying for boards which I plan to take in early June. I'm thinking about the future already and getting my Bachelor's degree, but I still don't have a real plan yet. I know that most hospitals are looking for this degree within 5 years or so of becoming employed there, but with taking one class a semester, it could very well take me that long. So we'll see what happens with that journey.

So there you have it. I've been slowly regaining my life back and it feels so good.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.