Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

On Monday, I have 6 weeks left. But really the next 3-4 weeks will be the meat and potatoes of it all. I have 7 articles in which I have to read, write an abstract on and then a 1 page paper on how I feel about the article. Seven of those. Then I have a group project- a group presentation and a group paper. I still have to do 8 clinical days- 96 hrs of time. No, it's not a lot, but I do have some writing to do for those clinical days as well in my clinical journal. I also have to attend and take part in one of the local hospital's disaster drills and I have to also sit through the State Board's discipline hearings with my class (so that we can see what occurs, etc).

I am not complaining. I'm just stating I'll be a little busy.

I met today with my preceptor at the hospital. She's really nice and I'm really excited. I start my clinical on Wednesday and then my second shift is Saturday. Basically I look at my preceptor's schedule and decide when I am going to come in, which is nice. I am hoping, if all goes as planned, I will be done with my last clinical day around the 7th of April. If not, I will have a day or two to do around the 13th. the best thing is that my article project is due the 11th, my presentation will be on the 11th, my paper is due on the 18th, all of my clinicals will be done by then as well, and my kids start spring Break on the 18ths, so I will be able to enjoy the entire week off with them with no work to worry about going back to the next week. I will be officially done with school by then- in one month I will be "done".

So cool.

But for now, I will be busy. I'll try to update after Wednesday and let you know how it went.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.