Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

my first big Cardio exam. Yikes! Say a prayer for me! There is A LOT of info swirling around in my head. I have to know about Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Coronary syndrome (which encompasses unstable Angina and MIs aka heart attacks), Chronic Stable Angina, Heart Failure (right-sided and left-sided), cardiomyopathies (there are different types), shock (there are different types of this, too), critical care nursing, hemodynamic monitoring (oy vey- too much to explain), assessment of the cardiovascular system and I have to read EKG's and by read I mean interpret the rhythm, rate, determine the duration of the different intervals, figure out what's causing that particular rhythm and know how to treat it. Oh yeah, I have to know how to treat EVERYTHING I already mentioned above.

And this is all just for this first exam.

Phew. It's overwhelming just writing what I need to know for tomorrow. Well, I mean, I already have studied this and am supposed to "know" it already, but I still need to review because there's just so much I learned in the last 3 weeks.

I'll keep you posted tomorrow on how it went. For now, I must continue studying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

( )
That's a big hug:)
We'll be praying!
love you,
mom and dad k

"Cast all your anxiety ( TEST and STRESS!!!) on Him for He cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7 and get some sleep!!

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.