Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I think I am realizing.............where I want to "specialize" in.

Going in, I had a good indication I would see myself in either Peds, L&D (Labor and Delivery) or ER. As I've gone through my rotations, I've kept my mind open to new things, just in case. I went through my OB rotation and felt a connection, just like I had thought. Lately, however, I have been feeling this pull towards critical care- mostly ER/Trauma.

Actually, more than a pull. I REALLY feel like this is me. When I think of the words "ER" and "Trauma" I just feel such a passionate need to be there. Thing is, I haven't even had my ER day yet.

So I suppose that I cannot yet be 100% certain that is where I see myself ending up, but it is a strong opinion that my heart has been right all along.

As I think back on L&D- it is still an awesome field and I really do love seeing babies! I'm just not really sure why I feel more of a pull to ER/Trauma than L&D.

I just know that wherever I am, I want to help others and make a difference.

And I like adrenaline, just a little bit. :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.