Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sometimes it sounds like a long way away still. But when I look back at where I was a year ago, I can't believe how fast it went. A year from now, I will be getting ready for Spring Break and getting ready to take my last nursing course of this program. It seems so far away, yet so close. The feeling sometimes overwhelms me. I have waited so long to begin this journey, and sometimes I wonder, when listening to my instructors rattle off their knowledge, will I ever know that much information? Will I ever be able to really think like a nurse. It seems like an unreachable feat, but I also know it comes with the territory.

I remember starting Anatomy and Physiology class. I skimmed my book to see what I would be learning by the end of the class and was so overwhelmed at the fact that I was supposed to know ALL the bones and muscles in the body. How would I ever know all that? It didn't seem possible at the time, but by the end of that class, I aced my lab and had the highest grade in my lab class. I knew those bones and muscles backwards and forwards. I know I still have tons more to learn and that's only to complete THIS program. My instructors have years of nursing experience plus they have Master's degrees in nursing. Of course I don't know as much as them and I shouldn't be discouraged by their knowledge either. Sometimes, though, it just seems like a never-ending journey. But, you know what? It really is. A nurse is always learning, always a student. And just when you start to feel comfortable, its time for a change. Good thing I still have a lot to learn. And in a year from now, I will have a whole new set of things to learn.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.