Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Well, exam #2 came and went. I once again did not do as well as I had hoped, but I am very pleased that I did the same as my first exam because it seems that everyone else's grades went down from their first exam grade. I got a 78. Same exact grade exam 1. Stayed the same. And I passed. I now only need a 63 to pass, which takes a lot of pressure off of me for the final. If I want a B in the class, however, I will need a 93 and I believe that may be nearly impossible. I am slowly coming to terms that I will be getting C's in nursing school. Sigh.

Clinicals are going well. The last two weeks I have been getting 2 patients to take care of. I did my first IV push medicine the other day- a medicine that is injected into the IV line of a patient through a syringe. For the most part, I have just been doing things I have already done. I'm liking the rotation more now, mostly because I have been working with great nurses on the floor and we seem to have a pretty good group of students in my clinical group. I also like my instructors. The head instructor (I'll call her this because its her group and she is training the other instructor who is new to the school) is VERY smart and really knows her stuff. She asks a lot of GREAT questions to get you thinking. However, with some of the students, I think she can be short and snippy with, and I think a lot of the others are intimidated by the fact that she asks tough questions. I think she means well and that she isn't trying to be intimidating, and I try not to take it personally, but I think some of the others do. I like the fact that she gets me thinking and I hope to be able to be as knowledgeable as she is one day. Right now, I have no idea how I will ever know half of what she does.

As of now, I have two lectures left, two clinical days left and one day for my final exam. This course is winding down and I am glad to have made it through my third nursing course. In a week and a half, I will be one third of the way done with my program. 33% complete. I can't believe it. By summer, I will be over half way done. Its going by fast.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.