Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today was my final exam for my very first nursing class ever! I am happy to report that I got an 87 on the final, which I hardly studied for so I am more than excited about my grade. That ended up giving me a B for the class, also something I am more than excited about, considering going in I was so afraid I would even pass -- they told us so many people fail, and hardly anyone got A's and B's and that C=RN, yadda yadda.

Friday begins a new class and a new chapter in my nursing school life. One nursing class down, only eight to go. And only eight weeks left before I get a nice three week break from school. I am really looking forward to my break, can't you tell?

Tuesday was my last clinical day for this session as well. I don't restart clinicals until next Tuesday, however while I will have campus clinicals, I will not be back at the hospital again until somewhere around Nov 25th. I am also pleased to report that I passed my clinical. It's only pass/fail so no grade is given except for either an S or a U and I'm really excited I got my S!

This next class that I am starting is pretty much a continuation of the class I just finished. Its more fundamental type stuff. This class I will be covering topics such as Medications, Blood, Aging, Wounds, Stress, Pre-op and Post-op care, Pain, Oxygenations, Fluid and Electrolyte balance and more. We will be starting to give out meds to patients in this next clinical course as well as changing dressings on patients. I'm excited to start getting more of my hands dirty, so to speak (pardon the pun, it really wasn't intended).

That's all the updates for now. Next test is next Monday for Pharmacology and then I have my next nursing test on November 6th!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.