Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I have a total of 5 classes left for this semester and it is over. I have one more lab class left which is Thursday, and I have 4 lecture classes left. Next week, I will be D-O-N-E!!

I got the results of my test from lecture and I got an 88. While this is good, there were 4 questions that I second guessed on that I should have gotten correct. And the stinky thing was that 2 questions were tied together and the other two were tied together, so if you got one wrong then you got the other one wrong, too. Ugh. I am so frustrated with myself. I'd be happy with that 88 if I got that without all the second guessing, but I know I could have done better than that!! So, I'm frustrated. The good news is that I have figured out that I could get an 80 or higher on the last test, and I will have an A in the class. I should be fine with getting at least that.

I'm really glad I was able to get into this class, as when I first went to register, the class was already full. But I really enjoyed this professor, I learned a lot, and I've worked on my test taking skills some. I'm looking forward to next semester when I take Microbiology and I am hoping it is as interesting as it seems its going to be.

I had my last quiz in my lab class last Thursday and all that's left is my Final Practical test. I went to the lab at the library today to study the models and the slides. I think I've got just about everything down, except for a few slides which I will be working on just about every night this week. Technically, I can probably get a 70 on the final and still make it out of the class with an A, but, I would like to hold onto having the highest grade out of either of my professor's two classes for both the mid-term and finals both last semester and this semester. Really does it matter? No. But it kind of makes me feel like I've accomplished something, considering I graduated high school with a 2.9 GPA and got a 930 on the SAT's! Not very impressive.

While I know it is a lot harder to go to school while I am a mother to two kids, I am almost certain I would not have done as well as I am doing now had I gone to college right out of high school. Now, I guess there's always the possibility I would have been able to figure things out and pull up the grades, but I still think I'm doing better than I would have done if I had gone then.

We're finishing up the semester in the Reproductive System and I think its great since right now I think I want to work in OB. I feel very strongly about this, however, I am keeping an open mind through nursing school to the other fields I will be exposed to for anything else that may peak my interest. Honestly though, I feel like I will come out on the other side still wanting to work in OB. I'm already learning a lot in the Reproductive System, and its really fascinating.

That's about all I have to say today. I will have a glorious 2 weeks off starting the 29th until I have to start the new semester, and I can't wait. It's amazing what a little time off does for you.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.