Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Things have been pretty busy and boring in the school department. Tomorrow I have my second to last test in my A&P lecture class. This test covers the Digestive and Urinary Systems. I have a lot to remember, and am actually going to go over some notes shortly, but I am hoping to get at least a high B on this test to help keep my A average. I got a 92 on my last test, which was Respiratory and Lymphatic Systems. I tried really hard to not correct any answers that I started second guessing, and I tried to think about my answers. I went with my first instinct and I think it helped. There was one question I knew the answer to, but I tricked myself into thinking it was a trick, and it wasn't. Oh well. I am going to work on my critical thinking skills during my downtime between Winter and Summer semester, between Summer and Fall semester, and between Fall and Winter semester (the time right before I start the nursing program). I have a really neat looking book I saw at my school's bookstore that I bought online cheaper that I am going to use. The nursing program is going to really hone in on nothing BUT critical thinking, so I need to make sure I do well in that aspect.

As for my lab class, I only have two more classes left! This Thursday, I have a quiz, and then we will be reviewing for our Final Practical, which is a fancy name for a test, but its all models and microscopes. I actually have been behind on my studying for my final, but my grades are very good, so even if I do so-so, I will still get an A. I currently have 237 pts out of 244, and I only need a total of 358 to get an A. My quiz is worth 48 pts, and the final is worth 100, and there is about 8-12 extra credit points I can earn as well between the two tests. I would still like to do well, however, I don't have to completely freak out about it.

In other news, I have about 3 weeks left before I turn in my nursing school application. I will probably receive an answer within two weeks of that, however, they say it could take a month, even though its always been sooner than that. I'm feeling pretty good about it and so far, I am not stressing over it too much. But that can all change as the time gets closer. Good thing is that I only have about 2 weeks off, and then Summer semester begins, so I will have my mind occupied with school to help keep my mind of nursing school acceptance emails.

Check back in a few days for a test grade update, and anything else I may have to say.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.