Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A few things to talk about.

  1. I have orientation in the hospital next week. Its a new hospital that I haven't been to yet. In my Peds class, this hospital was one of the options to go to, however, I ended up getting the one that was closer to my house. It works out well because I can pick the kids up on my way home and I won't have to go out of the way at all.
  2. I am finding this class extremely interesting and I really just can't wait for clinicals to start. I am still nervous about them, but I'm more excited.
  3. My teacher has said that on numerous occasions students have been the only person in the room with a patient and have had to basically deliver the baby- because we are NOT allowed to leave the patient to go get help- all we can do is call for help and they don't always get there in time. This is so awesome. Ok, so I am not really expecting this to actually happen to me or anyone I know, but man if it did...................
  4. I found out yesterday I won a scholarship I applied for. They will pay all of my tuition, give me extra money for books, supplies, and other costs, and I will also get a monthly stipend. All they ask is that I work for 2 years in a hospital, clinic, etc. that has a critical shortage of nurses. It can be anywhere in the U.S. and just about every place is critically short of nurses. Unofficial word is that there were 6400 applicants and 500 scholarships. Whoa! I'll keep you posted if I get more of an official word on those numbers. I'm so excited!
That's it for now. It's been a very busy, intense week of nothing but lectures (she wants to get as much info in about normal pregnancy, normal labor and delivery and normal newborn stuff before we start in the hospitals next week). I'm so glad I will have my 2 days off each week again starting next week.

1 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Awesome Gabs! So happy for you!

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.