Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

After my psych final, I left nearly right away to go on vacation. I just got back Saturday so I figured I would give a little update on things.

I was hoping for an 85, but I ended up with an 81 instead. It didn't earn me the B that I thought would be no problem to earn, but I passed. I passed another nursing course. I have passed five so far. Five more than I thought I would pass when I first started the program nearly a year ago. Four courses left. I am amazed, to say the least.

But now, the hard part begins. Well, first is the part I have waited for since the beginning. I had always had an interest, a main interest, in Labor and Delivery. My next rotation is OB. I am BEYOND excited. It is my last specialty course, my sixth nursing course, the beginning of my fourth semester. I am excited and I am nervous. There is a lot of information (although that can be said for any of the courses, really). I am always overwhelmed by the amount of information I need to know at the beginning. It's overwhelming to look at, but as I progress through the course, I learn, my confidence grows, and I get through it. At any rate, I more excited than anything else.

August 23rd begins the beginning of the end. The homeward stretch. A little over eight months until graduation. Wow. It seemed like just yesterday I was still taking my pre-reqs and had two years to go, at least. I'm getting closer, and that's really strange.

So after OB, which will be from August-October, it's Ortho/Neuro which is October-December. After my three week winter break, I will begin my final semester taking Cardio. I will have Spring Break for one-two weeks and then I will have my final course we call Trends (it's basically my preceptorship).

So now, I am on summer break. I am taking a non-nursing class that I need to graduate online. I am hoping to get everything done soon so that I can focus on spending all my time with the kids. I have some things I need to do around the house and I also would like to start reading ahead for OB.

So that's all for now. I won't be posting anything until after August 23rd since there really isn't anything to post about with school on break. See you soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for this next rotation so I can live vicariously thru you:) Anyway,take time to play with the kiddos-this break will be over before you know it. As Gloria Gaither put it,"Few worthwhile experiences just happen; memories are made on purpose."
love you!
mom k

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.