Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

It seems that I have been lagging in updating this blog as to whats been going on. Honestly, things have been crazy. We started clinicals in the hospital last week and then I left to go on vacation for Thanksgiving and then I came back and had a test, and it was back to clinicals. Its just been a whirlwind of a week. Here's what's been going on, in easy bullet format:

  • My first day of clinical (last Wednesday) I gave meds to my patient for the first time. This included giving the patient an injection. I thought I would be more nervous, but truth is, when it came time to actually do it, it went so fast, I really didn't have time to be nervous. And it wasn't nearly as bad as thought it might be.
  • This past Monday was my last pharmacology class. I had my last exam, in which I got a 46/50 which is 92% and that is an A. My overall grade for the class ended up being a B and I am extremely excited about that.
  • We had clinicals again Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I gave out meds again on Wednesday and was supposed to give another injection, however, I let my classmate give mine because she had't had the opportunity to do one yet, while everyone else had.
  • I think I am learning more and more that I do not like the med-surg floor. I hope that as I continue on through the program that I do not find that I dislike everything. I don't think that will be the case, however. I think I just need something more exciting, something that makes me feel as if I am making a difference, that I am doing something. It seems as if all the nurses do on the med-surg floor is push meds. I never aspired to be a drug pusher. ;)
  • On Tuesday I worked with a wonderful nurse. She was patient, kind, helpful, good with the patients, informative, and very open to having a student nurse working with her. I wish all the nurses were like that. She really treated the patients well, and all nurses should aspire to be like that. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I hope that I am like her one day. She is awesome.
  • My final exam is on my little Nate Nate's birthday, Monday, December 14. I am currently preparing for that.
That's all I have for now.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.