Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Really, the two shifts seem a blur.  By that I mean, I can't exactly remember what happened which day.  I will say Saturday seemed busier, but Sunday was steady, never really slow.  On Saturday, I had a patient who was telling me he had gotten cancer.  I was talking with him and his wife for several minutes and then the patient started crying.  He hugged his wife and as he did, he grabbed for my hand and held it.  It was one of my most sweetest moments as a nurse.  Afterwards, he thanked me.  Not that I feel like I did anything, but I guess sometimes people just need to be able to be free about their feelings and let it out, and I was there for him and his wife.  I'm glad I could be.  That's why I do what I do.  

I've had some pretty sick patients the last couple of shifts. I hate that.  I hate seeing people so sick.  

To say I am exhausted would be an understatement.  Working six days in an eight day time period time period is exhausting, and I haven't even worked day five or six yet.  Between working and spending my one day off in between on moving is tiring to say the least.  But it's almost over and I will have 5 days off, thank goodness.

Until then.....

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.