Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011


Now, I take a little break.

But not for too long. I must begin studying for my boards, otherwise known as the NCLEX. The NCLEX is a national nursing exam, so even if I had graduated from a school in California, I'd be taking the same exam. One I pass, I can be licensed in any state. Initially, I will be licensed in Florida, since that is where I am applying. But if I ever move, all I have to do is submit paperwork to that state and I will receive a license in that state via an endorsement from Florida. I will not have to retake an exam to have a license in any other state. Just money and paperwork, and voila! I have a license.

So for now, I'm taking a few days to recoop. I will start determining my plan of attack, and then sometime in the near future I will begin studying. I would like to take my exam in the beginning of June sometime. Also, in the meantime, I will be applying for jobs, both locally and not, and I will hopefully be going on interviews or at least stepping foot into hospitals to talk to some HR reps or Nurse Recruiters, which could be helpful. Hopefully.

So for now, I'm going to go NOT study, and NOT go to school. Here's a pic from last night. More to come soon. (I'm in the third row, third person from the left)




*This message is courtesy of your favorite Graduate Nurse :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.