Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

I passed. Whew. Actually, I even got a B. An 84 to be exact. I came out of the test feeling fairly confident, but once other students started coming out and voicing how hard and ridiculous they thought the test was, my confidence slowly started diminishing. Then two of the students who have consistently earned the highest grades in all the classes came out and said they weren't even sure they passed, I really started to worry. Person after person talked about how hard it was. Maybe I didn't do as well as I thought I did after all.

And then came the wait.

Usually my classes are in the morning, 9-12. On a test day, we'd be out by 11:30 and grades would be up by 12:30-1. This class is 1-4, and the teacher said the grades would be posted between 5-8pm. So we waited. And waited. And waited. And finally at 7:30pm there they were.

I didn't know right away. At first I got a phone call from a friend asking me how I did. I told her I didn't even know they were up and as I was checking my grade I asked her how she did.

She failed.

I felt so bad. I mean what do you say to someone when they tell you they got a 66 and you are looking at your 84? And she is a smart person, too. It's just sad to see these things happen to people, where they have to withdraw or they fail a class and have to retrack. It happens to so many, and could easily happen to me. I'm not out of the woods yet. I still have 2 more exams to go, but it always makes things much easier when you start off strong.

For now, I can breathe. Just a little bit.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The (mis)Adventures of an ER Nurse. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Direct Line Insurance.